Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chai Anxiety...

is feeling overwhelmed by the ridiculous number of options at the coffee shop.

Chai anxiety is completely irrelevant to News Writing, however, I felt some sort of feeling of overwhelming sensations at UGA's bookstore this afternoon. So many interesting books, I thought it was a beautiful place, better than Barnes & Noble, although they need to have more books! Funopolis was really fun tonight and everyone is so funny and outgoing. I'm sorry for those who got in trouble during the ride back to Mell Hall though.

In class today I finished my article, although I was confused as to what angle to take and what to focus on specifically. I've never done 'news' writing before but focused on a variety of feature and editorial writing at school, so this class is truly a challenge for me!

As of today, I learned what words not to use in news articles and how to make a story 'readable.' Katherine, Nicole, and I went out to downtown Athens to interview some people for our separate stories. It was fun and I think Katherine and Nicole have great stories too!! The people I interviewed were very nice, helpful, and were actually interested in the North Korean topic.

I cannot wait for tomorrow and hopefully my article doesn't get any shorter than it already is. I'm looking forward to downtown Athens and more learning experiences!

'nessa.


No comments:

Post a Comment